- Trump announces plans for Pentagon to create 'Space Force'
Vowing to reclaim U.S. leadership in space, President Donald Trump announced Monday he is directing the Pentagon to create a new "Space Force" as an independent service branch aimed at ensuring American supremacy in space.
ABC News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:52:53 UTC.
- Border patrol official on "zero tolerance": "We created this situation by not doing anything"
Manny Padilla, chief of the Rio Grande Valley Sector of Customs and Border Protection, joins "CBS This Morning" to discuss the controversy surrounding the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy on immigration. ...
CBS News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:48:26 +0000.
- Separated migrant families held in cages at Texas detention facility
The battle over the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy on immigration is intensifying with lawmakers in both parties condemning it as cruel and inhumane. ...
CBS News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:37:26 +0000.
- Carjacking suspect dead outside Walmart store after armed citizens take action, police say
Two armed citizens were credited for taking action Sunday when a carjacking suspect when on a rampage in Washington state, about 30 miles southwest of Tacoma.
Dom Calicchio Nicole Darrah. Fox News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:15:00 GMT.
- $20,000 engagement ring found by officer with metal detector
Long Island police say an officer used his personal metal detector to find a woman's $20,000 engagement ring she lost on the beach on Fire Island.
Fox News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:15:00 GMT.
- Koepka proved golfers are athletes in his U.S. Open win
Go ahead, try to make the argument that golfers aren't athletes after watching Brooks Koepka muscle his way to a second consecutive U.S. Open victory.
ESPN. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:44:07 EST.
- U.S. oil slumps as China threatens duty on U.S. crude imports
By Henning Gloystein SINGAPORE (Reuters) - U.S. oil prices slumped on Monday after China threatened duties on American crude imports in an escalating trade dispute with Washington. U.S. West Texas Intermediate ...
Yahoo. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:14:26 -0400.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares fall as U.S.-China trade spat escalates
TOKYO/SYDNEY, June 18 (Reuters) - Asian shares fell on Monday after U.S. President Donald Trump cranked up trade tensions by going ahead with tariffs on Chinese imports, prompting Beijing to immediately respond in kind.
Reuters. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:59:44 -0400.
- Quake of 5.6 magnitude strikes Guatemala: USGS
(Reuters) - A 5.6 magnitude earthquake shook Guatemala Sunday night, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).
Reuters. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:58:17 -0400.
- Brooks Koepka Repeats as the U.S. Open Champion
Koepka, 28, finished at one over par for the tournament, closing with a two-under 68 at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club and becoming the first man since 1989 to win the title in consecutive years.
Karen Crouse. New York Times. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 02:50:19 GMT.
- U.S. Auto Makers Are Putting Smaller Engines Into Big Trucks So They Guzzle Less Gas
Big U.S. car makers are standing by many recent tech innovations to increase fuel efficiency, including smaller engines for pickup trucks, even as the Trump administration moves to relax gas-mileage standards.
Wall Street Journal. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:35:39 EDT.
- Chicago man celebrates first Father's Day after beating cancer
Jay Patton and his wife were thinking about starting a family when he was diagnosed with glioblastoma in February 2015. Glioblastoma is the same type of cancer afflicting U.S. Senator John McCain - and also the deadliest form of brain cancer.
ABC News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 01:40:44 UTC.
- Mitch McConnell has a chance to reduce the cycle of crime
ANALYSIS/OPINION: Do you think the United States Senate is sufficiently tough on crime? Are you? I used to be a "lock 'em up and throw away the key" conservative. After all, criminals deserve what they get. ...
Rebecca Hagelin. Washington Times. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:35:07 -0400.
- Behind the Scenes at G-7 Meetings, Allies Dismayed by Trump's Jabs
Prospects for compromise between the U.S. and its economic allies have dimmed in the wake of a dramatic blow-up last week at Group of Seven meetings. ...
Wall Street Journal. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:18:28 EDT.
- Asian shares decline after escalation in US-China trade tensions as oil extends losses
Asian markets fell after tariffs imposed by the U.S. on Chinese goods were met with swift retaliation from Beijing.
CNBC. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 00:28 GMT.
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.