United States News
- What's the most popular Halloween candy? Skittles tops the list in the U.S.
Skittles edged out candy corn, last year's winner, which slipped to number six for 2018.
ABC News. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:28:00 UTC.
- Cody Wilson, owner of 3D-printed gun company, accused of sex with minor arrested in Taiwan
Authorities in Taiwan arrested the owner of a Texas company that sells plans to make untraceable 3-D printed guns who is wanted in the U.S. ...
ABC News. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:11:58 UTC.
- Three babies among wounded in gruesome stabbing spree at unlicensed New York City day care, police say
Three babies -- the youngest of whom was just three days old -- were among at least five people found stabbed early Friday at an unlicensed New York City day care, police said.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:54:00 GMT.
- Woman who drove across airport runways now facing charges
Authorities say a New York woman who breached security at New Jersey airport and drove her car across two runways has been charged with criminal trespass and other counts.
Fox News. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:36:56 GMT.
- Scientists fan the flames to study fire tornadoes
The largest wildfire in California history, the deadly Mendocino Complex Fire, was finally fully contained this week. Wildfires have burned about 7.3 million acres across the U.S. ...
CBS News. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:09:34 +0000.
- N.C. residents return to homes destroyed by floodwaters, sewage
One week after Hurricane Florence slammed into the Carolinas, the worst of the flooding may still be ahead. The storm's death toll has risen to at least 42 people. Eleven rivers in the Carolinas remain at major flood stage. ...
CBS News. Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:56:31 +0000.
- U.S. To Limit The Number Of Refugees Allowed Entry To 30,000
As the Trump administration slashes the number of refugees it will accept, global humanitarian groups say the U.S. could do more to save lives.
Richard Gonzales. NPR. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 23:15:07 -0400.
- New U.S. trade action 'poisons' atmosphere, won't work on China: regulator
The United State's trade actions against China will not work as China has ample fiscal and monetary policy tools to cope with the impact, a senior securities market official said on Tuesday.
Reuters. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:51:52 -0400.
- RPT-WRAPUP 1-China's yuan down as US fires fresh trade salvo; stocks steady
China's yuan currency pulled back against the dollar in early trading on Tuesday after U.S. President Donald Trump said Washington will impose tariffs on an extra $200 billion worth of Chinese imports.
Reuters. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:51:17 -0400.
- Hearing Set for Monday to Hear Kavanaugh and His Accuser
Brett Kavanaugh, the Supreme Court nominee, said he is willing to talk to the Senate Judiciary Committee about accusations from a woman who said he sexually assaulted her when they were teenagers.
Sheryl Gay Stolberg and Julie Hirschfeld Davis. New York Times. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:36:49 GMT.
- China's military and economic power 'cannot be denied' and US 'has to make room'
The United States needs to determine how to accommodate China as a rising power in the Asia-Pacific region, even if a declining U.S. presence there reduces stability, according to an expert.
CNBC. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:28 GMT.
- Trump Hits China With Tariffs on $200 Billion in Goods, Escalating Trade War
The president said the tariffs, which will hit everyday consumer products, will go into effect on Sept. 24.
Jim Tankersley and Keith Bradsher. New York Times. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:03:49 GMT.
- Apple Avoids Tariffs on Smartwatches, Earbuds
Apple dodged stinging duties on its smartwatches and wireless earbuds after the U.S. excluded those gadgets from tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods.
Wall Street Journal. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:23:12 EDT.
- Opinion: Moon Jae-In Can Put U.S.-North Korea Negotiations Back On Track. Here's How
South Korean President Moon Jae-in Moon must insist on denuclearization in coordination with the United States, even at the risk of renewed tensions between North and South Korea.
Scott Snyder. NPR. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:13:11 -0400.
- U.S. stock futures fall after Trump announces new round of tariffs
U.S. stock index futures extended losses in post-market trading late Monday after President Trump announced a new round of tariffs on about $200 billion worth of Chinese imports. Trump said he will impose 10 percent U.S. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:40:42 -0400.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA