United States News
- Tucker Carlson's show loses advertisers over immigration comments
While several are pulling ads, the biggest ones are so far sticking with the Fox News host, despite controversy
CBS News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:11:55 +0000.
- Stocks stanch the bleeding ahead of key Fed decision
Investors looking for signs that Federal Reserve officials may slow their push to hike interest rates
CBS News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:05:40 +0000.
- How major US stock indexes fared Tuesday
After two days of huge losses, U.S. stocks ended back where they started Tuesday
ABC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:05:01 -0500.
- FedEx cuts 2019 view on European softness, global trade concerns
U.S. package delivery company FedEx Corp on Tuesday lowered its 2019 forecast, citing weakness in Europe and signs that global trade is faltering, sending its shares down 5.1 percent in after-hours trade.
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:02:23 -0500.
- Trump Administration Report on School Safety Plays Down Role of Guns
The report instead focused on rescinding Obama-era disciplinary policies, improving mental health services and training school personnel in the use of firearms.
Katie Rogers and Erica L. Green. New York Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:58:27 GMT.
- Honduran Migrant Seen Fleeing Tear Gas With Her Toddlers Is Now in U.S.
Maria Meza was allowed in to the border crossing at Otay Mesa, Calif., with her five children late Monday and is filing for asylum.
Jennifer Medina. New York Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:54:43 GMT.
- Authorities: Worker dies after falling down elevator shaft
Authorities say a construction worker in Massachusetts has fallen down an elevator shaft and died.
Fox News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:52:21 GMT.
- Episode #1901
Latino USA's traditional episode for the new year is a remix of our favorite music pieces of 2018.
NPR. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:51:37 -0500.
- EMERGING MARKETS-Latam currencies fail to capitalize on soft dollar, stocks rise
Latin American currencies failed to gain against a weak dollar on Tuesday, as cautious investors pared exposure ahead of the end of the U.S. ...
Reuters. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:51:23 -0500.
- WATCH: Yemeni woman gets reprieve from Trump travel ban to see dying son
Shaima Swileh's 2-year-old son, Abdullah, is on life support in a U.S. hospital.
ABC News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:44:41 -0500.
- The Latest: Official suspended in transgender incident
The Latest on a West Virginia high school assistant principal accused of harassing a transgender student in a school bathroom (all times local): 4:30 p.m.
Fox News. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:43:40 GMT.
- Episode #1852
In this special holiday rebroadcast, Latino USA explores the special bond between Latinos and their grandparents
NPR. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:05:13 -0500.
- Brenda Snipes, Broward elections supervisor, sues Rick Scott over suspension
Not only has former Broward County elections chief Brenda Snipes rescinded her resignation from the post, she is now suing the governor who suspended her. In a lawsuit filed this week with the U.S. ...
Victor Morton. Washington Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:56:57 -0500.
- Rasmussen Poll: 34 Percent of Republicans Would Pay for Wall
When asked if they would contribute money to help pay for President Donald Trump's wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, 34 percent of Republicans said yes in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll.
Newsmax. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:45:12 EDT.
- Stock market woes raise a nagging fear: Is a recession near?
BALTIMORE (AP) - Fears of a recession have been mounting with the U.S. stock market appearing to be headed for its worst December since 1931 - during the Great Depression. ...
Josh Boak. Washington Times. Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:44:57 -0500.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA