United States News
- Bombing in Syria Targets U.S.-Led Military Patrol
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for an explosion that injured members of a Kurdish-led force, days after an attack that killed four Americans.
Vivian Yee. New York Times. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:23:59 GMT.
- Russia acknowledges new missile but says it does not breach treaty
Two weeks before the planned U.S. withdrawal from the treaty, which keeps nuclear-capable missiles out of Europe, Washington's disarmament ambassador in Geneva said there was still time for Russia to destroy the system. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:17:29 -0500.
- U.S. economy likely to slow this year, IMF says
International lender also predicts global growth will tick down in 2019, citing trade tensions and Brexit risks
CBS News. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:47:20 +0000.
- Stock Market News For Jan 21, 2019
The bull-run of the U.S. stocks continued for the fourth straight day on Friday following positive news on the trade war front.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:31:00 GMT.
- Is Sanity Breaking Out in Washington? A Bipartisan Fix to FAFSA Complexity?
The U.S. Senate unanimously has passed the FAFSA Act, which if the House concurs, should allow for the end of a significant obstacle to receipt of federal student financial aid.
By Richard Vedder, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 09:00:00 -0500.
- Defense and tech stocks are the big winners of Trump's first 2 years in office
It's been two years since Donald Trump was inaugurated as president of the United States. In that time, defense and tech stocks, have blown everybody out of the water.
CNBC. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:00 GMT.
- Ross McCormack on Aston Villa, Usain Bolt and his electric gate saga with Steve Bruce
Ross McCormack speaks to BBC Scotland about Aston Villa, electric gates and life Down Under with Usain Bolt.
BBC News. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:41:40 GMT.
- Indexes Post First 4-Week Winning Run Since August: 5 Picks
U.S. stock markets have commenced 2019 on a brighter note.
Nalak Das. Zacks. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:33:00 GMT.
- Another bomb attack targets U.S. troops in Syria
Less than a week after 4 Americans were killed in attack by ISIS, which Trump says is beaten, new ISIS-claimed blast hits a joint convoy in Syria's north
CBS News. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:21:39 +0000.
- Nancy Pelosi Sees Her Popularity Rise Amid The Shutdown [Infographic]
In recent weeks, House speaker Nancy Pelosi has emerged as the face of opposition to President Trump and her favorability with the U.S. public has been rising since the Midterms.
By Niall Mccarthy, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 08:21:00 -0500.
- Tony Mendez, Ex-CIA Officer Played by Ben Affleck in 'Argo,' Dead at 78
A former CIA technical operations officer who helped rescue six U.S. diplomats from Iran in 1980 and was portrayed by Ben Affleck in the film "Argo," has died. ...
Newsmax. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 06:31:27 EDT.
- Why Vietnam Appeals as Possible Host for Trump-Kim Summit
Vietnam is a former enemy of South Korea and the United States. But it has become a strategic ally and robust trading partner for both countries.
Mike Ives. New York Times. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:06:14 GMT.
- China grants Ivanka Trump 5 trademarks amid trade talks
The move comes as the U.S. and China are engaged in trade talks.
ABC News. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 05:04:44 -0500.
- Why The U.S. Census Starts In Alaska's Most Remote, Rural Villages
The 2020 census is set to begin in Toksook Bay, Alaska, continuing the tradition of counting the most remote parts of the most northern state before the rest of the U.S.
Hansi Lo Wang. NPR. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 05:00:45 -0500.
- The Dogma Lives Loudly in Putin: Christian Russia vs. Secular USA
Today we see two nuclear powers with tenacious commitments to their own righteousness – one spiritual, the other secular.
American Thinker. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 00:00:00 -0600.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA