United States News
- Jussie Smollett case: Dan Webb appointed special prosecutor in 'Empire' actor's case
A former U.S. Attorney has been appointed as a special prosecutor in the Jussie Smollett case.
Diane Pathieu. ABC News. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:35:52 +0000.
- New Mexico police find newborn injected with heroin dead in trash bag, report says
An infant found dead inside a trash bag had been injected by his mother with heroin in a bid to prevent the baby from going through withdrawal, New Mexico police said.
Paulina Dedaj. Fox News. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:41:40 GMT.
- Amgen Presents Positive Data From Rituxan Biosimilar Study
Amgen (AMGN) markets Mvasi and Kanjinti, biosimilar versions of Avastin and Herceptin, respectively in the United States, and Kanjinti and Amgevita, biosimilar of Humira, in the EU.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:36:00 GMT.
- UGI Corp (UGI) Acquires AmeriGas, Expands Propane Business
UGI Corp (UGI) completes the acquisition of AmeriGas Partners, which will enable it to gain a formidable position in the U.S. propane distribution space.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:15:00 GMT.
- China hikes tariffs on U.S. goods in latest trade war salvo
Tit-for-tat levies are the latest salvo in the escalating trade war between the world's two biggest economies
CBS News. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:05:00 -0400.
- Court: Electoral College members not bound by popular vote
A U.S. appeals court in Denver said Electoral College members can vote for the presidential candidate of their choice and aren't bound by the popular vote in their states.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:03:34 +0000.
- 3 Charts To Know Oil's Future
The world's three main oil producers are also its three largest exporters. Of the three, the U.S. holds the largest potential. ...
By Jude Clemente, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:29:00 +0000.
- Naomi Osaka is "nervous" to talk to Serena Williams
Osaka is heading to the 139th U.S. Open next week to defend her title
CBS News. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 09:12:32 -0400.
- Loretta Mester says if economy stays like this, Fed should keep rates 'where they are'
Mester tells CNBC that if the U.S. economy continues to grow at its current pace, she's unlikely to support more interest rate cuts.
CNBC. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 12:38 GMT.
- Putin Orders 'Symmetrical' Measures in Response to US Missile Test
President Vladimir Putin has ordered the Russian military to find a quid pro quo response after the test of a new U.S. missile banned under a now-defunct arms treaty. ...
Newsmax. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 06:39:40 EDT.
- New Mexico police find dead newborn in trash bag, may have been injected with heroin, police say
New Mexico police last Friday evening found a dead newborn baby in a trash bag who may have been injected with heroin by its mother, according to a report.
Brie Stimson. Fox News. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 09:36:27 GMT.
- Virginia gets $1.6M federal grant for apprenticeship program
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - More than $1.6 million in federal grant funding has been awarded to Virginia to expand apprenticeships in fields ranging from computer programming to the building trades. The funding from the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 05:19:15 -0400.
- Construction company owner pleads guilty in $1.7M fraud plot
GREENBELT, Md. (AP) - A Maryland construction company owner has pleaded guilty to engaging in a scheme to defraud a customer out of more than $1.7 million. U.S. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 05:17:54 -0400.
- North Korea foreign minister calls Pompeo 'poisonous plant'
North Korea's foreign minister has called U.S. ...
Newsmax. Thu, 22 Aug 2019 22:05:57 EDT.
- The Fed Is Cutting Interest Rates Because Of Trump's Blundering Actions, Not His Blustering Words
The Fed can fairly be said to be cutting interest rates because of Donald Trump. But the move has little to do with the unprecedented and buffoonish levels of political pressure this president is placing on the U.S. ...
By Pedro Nicolaci Da Costa, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 01:49:00 +0000.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA