United States News
- Record-breaking number of African migrants coming to America
Undaunted by a journey over thousands of miles, people fleeing economic privation and human rights abuses in African countries are coming to the United States in unprecedented numbers.
Andrew Selsky and Patrick Whittle. Fox News. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 16:14:17 GMT.
- Home invasion suspect flees hospital despite machete wound
Authorities in North Carolina say a home invasion suspect fought off by an 11-year-old with a machete has left the hospital and is on the loose.
Fox News. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 16:13:34 GMT.
- Lawsuit Hits USA Cricket Over Proposed Billion Dollar Professional T20 League
Cricket in the U.S. is under a cloud after a lawsuit over a proposed professional T20 league.
By Tristan Lavalette, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 13:23:54 +0000.
- How the U.S. lost its energy independence
America has gone through an astounding energy renaissance in the past decade. By 2020, the U.S. is predicted to become a net energy exporter, meaning it will export more energy than it imports. But the road here has been a difficult one.
CNBC. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 11:57 GMT.
- Africa Needs More Angel Investors
Three companies in the United States raised more venture capital than the entire African continent in 2018. Could a lack of early-stage Angel investment be the cause?
By Meghan Mccormick, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 11:21:00 +0000.
- China's FedEx probe should not be seen as retaliation - Xinhua
China's investigation into FedEx Corp over misdirected mail should not be regarded as retaliation against the U.S. company, state news agency Xinhua said on Sunday, amid worsening relations between China and the United States. ...
Yahoo. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 05:58:29 -0400.
- Justin Trudeau's Postnationalism
Trudeau's deracinated globalism is taking root in Canada. Is the U.S. next?
American Thinker. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:00:00 -0500.
- Justice Set to Decide on T-Mobile, Sprint Merger Soon
The U.S. Justice Department is set to decide as early as next week whether to approve the $26.5-billion merger of wireless carriers T-Mobile USA and Sprint, a person briefed on the matter said.
Newsmax. Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:02:22 EDT.
- India to Impose Retaliatory Tariffs on 28 US Goods
India will impose higher retaliatory tariffs on 28 U.S. products including almonds, apples and walnuts from Sunday, following Washington's withdrawal of key trade privileges for New Delhi.
Newsmax. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 23:29:24 EDT.
- Iran attempted to shoot down US drone over tanker attack site in Gulf of Oman
Iran attempted to shoot down a U.S. drone that was surveilling the attack on one of two tankers hit in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday morning, U.S. Central Command said.
ABC News. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 21:46:34 -0400.
- Crew Of Norwegian-Owned Oil Tanker Arrives In Dubai After 'Hostile Attack'
The 10-member crew of Front Altair reached Dubai two days after explosions rocked two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz. Backed by video evidence, the U.S. is blaming Iran.
Daniella Cheslow. NPR. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 21:30:24 -0400.
- Slavery: Welsh weavers 'implicated in US slave trade'
How cloth produced in rural Wales was sent to the USA for slaves in the 18th Century.
BBC News. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 23:14:27 GMT.
- The U.S. minimum wage sets a record -- for not rising
Despite a 10-year economic expansion and an 18% rise in the cost of living, the U.S. base pay hasn't budged since 2009
CBS News. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 21:46:28 +0000.
- Man sentenced to prison in Colorado for shooting at police
DENVER (AP) - A 24-year-old man in the U.S. illegally has been sentenced to 32 years in prison for shooting at a Colorado police officer. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 15:36:36 -0400.
- 5 people injured by runaway golf cart at U.S. Open
The golf cart struck four spectators and the vendor before it was brought under control
CBS News. Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:03:42 -0400.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA